Consultancy - our specialist expertise
Our consultancy services support a wide variety of agencies, organisations and local authorities in the design, improvement and implementation of services for looked after children and their families. Our support helps to build confidence and facilitate change and improvement, based on evidence-informed policy and good practice.
Our consultants have worked in hundreds of settings across the length and breadth of Scotland, and beyond, to deliver consultancy for frontline staff, strategic leaders, teams and organisations. And their specialist, on-the-ground experience covers a range of expertise:
- Health and wellbeing
- Attachment informed practice
- Throughcare and aftercare
- Understanding self-harm and suicide
- Historical abuse
- International care systems
How we work
By bringing our consultant's specialist knowledge and skills on site, and by working in partnership with those delivering services locally, we can provide tailored support, designed specifically to help you review, evaluate and improve your systems, services and new ways of working. Our consultants:
- Can guide an entire service review and redesign, or work on small one-off projects.
- Will work with small groups or whole systems, for just a few days, for several weeks or even months.
- Can come to where you are, for as long as it takes, or we can just lend an ear on the phone.
- Will tailor a package to provide the perfect fit for your needs and your budget.
A child-centred approach
We encourage a child-centred approach which keeps the needs of the children and their families at the very heart of service delivery and practice. Our consultants develop professional excellence, accountability and hard work by focusing on inclusion, respect, collaboration and a collective, interagency approach to making a big difference in the lives of looked after children.