CELCIS response: Inquiry into Health Inequalities
Topic: Health and Wellbeing, Legislation
The Scottish Parliament’s Health and Sport Committee issued a call for evidence into an Inquiry into Health Inequalities, with a particular focus on the early years. This is the CELCIS response to the above Inquiry. Five questions were asked:
- How effective are early years interventions in addressing health inequalities?
- What are your views on current early years policies in Scotland in terms of addressing health inequalities?
- What role can the health service play in addressing health inequalities through interventions in the early years?
- What barriers and challenges do early years services face when working to reduce health inequalities?
- Are there any specific initiatives or research evidence from Scotland, UK or internationally that you would wish to highlight to the Health and Sport Committee?